Ladies blouse – common wear for south Indian ladies. Specially in all over Tamil Nadu all the ladies prefer this type with different neck style and decoration. Let us learn blouse cutting method with measurements
Materials required for sewing the ladies blouse
- Plain Fabric approximately 1 metre
- Inch Tape
- Sewing machine
There are eight measures needed for sewing ladies blouse.
- Chest – Chest should be measured by keeping the tape on the raised part of the chest under arms one finger inside and take the number.
- Shoulder – Shoulders should be measured by keeping the tape across the shoulders. For blouse and other garments measuring the shoulders direct is perfect. For blouse take 1” less from the actual shoulders and work.
- Round Neck – Round Neck should be measured by keeping the tape around the neck one finger inside and take the number.
- Front Neck depth and Back Neck depth – Front and Back Neck depth should be measured by keeping the tape at the top of the should till the length of the neck as you need. However the standard Front and Back Neck depth is 6” and 5”
- Waist Length – Waist length should be measured at the back to the shoulders to waist as required.
- Waist – Measure round the waist as it is. Tight or loose according to taste.
- sleeve Length – take the sleeve length as per your requirement
- Round Arm – take the measurement around the arm. Tight or loose according to the taste.
Construction of the blouse has four cutting portions
- Front part cutting of the blouse
- Back part cutting of the blouse
- Sleeve Cutting
- Waist band cutting
Let us see the Front part cutting of the blouse in this.
Construction – Front part of the blouse
Take the fabric and fold it to make 2 layers then follow the below steps..
Step 1 – From point 0 mark point 2 which is 1/6 of the chest +1”
Step 2 – From point 2 mark point 3 which is ¼ of the chest + 1″ or 1 ¼ ” or 1½”
Step 3 – From point 0 mark point 4 which is half of the shoulder
Step 4 – From point 4 mark point 5 which is 1/2″
Step 5 – From point 0 mark point 6 which 1/6 of the round neck + 1/2”
Step 6 – From point 6 mark point 7 which is Front Neck depth ,standard – 6” and draw the neck line
Step 7 – From point 0 mark point 8 which is Waist length minus 2”
Step 8 – From point 8 mark point 9 which is ¼ of the waist + 1” or 1 ¼” or 1 ½”
The above is the formula for cutting the front blouse pattern. Insert your measurement into the formula and calculate 0 to 2, 2 to 3, 0 to 4 , 0 to 6 , 0 to 8 and 8 to 9, then mark the measurements on the fabric and cut the blue lines and keep aside. Try this cutting pattern first on paper and then try on the fabric to avoid damages.
The other three constructions (back part, sleeves, waist band) of the blouse will be published in the near future.
Learn blouse cutting method with measurements video is attached, watch it to have more clarity on Front cutting pattern…
If you have any query regarding this topic, please post your query at http://ladiescampus.com/groups/learn-to-tailor-your-own-clothes/forum/topic/learn-blouse-cutting-method-with-measurements/
Or Create new topics at http://ladiescampus.com/create-topic/
Happy Sewing !